Figure 8 or Spectacle Blind, is made by a steel
spade and spacer, united by a welded handle. Spectacle Blind may have a
different type of joint face (RF Raised Face, FF Flat Face, RTJ Ring Joint),
depending the type of flange.
The Spectacle Blind is usually used on the oil line
with two different functions:
- If the spade is put in between the flanges, it stops the fluidâ€™s passage;
- If the spacer is put in between the flanges, the passage of the fluid is allowed.
The Spectacle Blind is inserted between two
flanges: in order to guarantee a perfect waterlight two gaskets are normally mounted ,
one on each side of spectacle blind.
La Meccanica Padana manufactures Spectacle Blinds from 1/2" to 60" in different types of material as follow:
- Carbon steel (ASTM 105, A516 Gr. 60/65/70, A350 LF2, A694 F60-65)
- Stainless steel (AISI 304, 316, 321, 347)
- Alloy steel (AISI Gr.1, Gr.5, Gr.9, Gr.91, Gr.11, Gr.22)
- Nickel alloys
- Duplex/Super duplex (F51, F53, F55, F44)
- Incoloy (800, 800H, 800HT, 825), Alloy 20
- Hastelloy (C22, C276)
- Cupronickel Cu-Ni
- Monel 400
- Inconel (600m 625)
- Titanium (Gr. 1, 2, 3)
We can manufacture Spectacle Blind with different type of joint face (RF, FF, RTJ) in series 150/300/600/900/1500/2500 in according to major dimensional standards such as: B16.48, ARAMCO, SHELL, PETROBRAS, FOSTER WHEELER, API 590 and many others.
SPECTACLE BLINDS ON STOCK:
La Meccanica Padana is able to offer, in quick time, Spectacle Blinds on stock in different dimensional standards.
Here you can find a constantly updated list of our stock.
SPECTACLE BLIND DATASHEETS:
Here you can see our Spectacle Blind datasheets of the major dimensional standards.
PETROBRAS Spectacle Blind
FOSTER WHEELER Spectacle Blind
Spectacle Blinds or Figure 8 with different type of joint face (RF Raised Face, FF Flat Face, RTJ Ring Joint), depending the type of flange.